In this episode of the UnPodcast, we explore a grab-bag of stories: a Zappos Employee who goes the extra shift; the ALS Ice-Bucket Challenge actually accomplished something, and why it (the challenge) shouldn’t be repeated; an Italian Restaurant REALLY loves Yelp; Audiobooks are Hot, apparently; what should freelancers charge for their work?; a made-up word of the week and a listener question.
Click to Watch
Click to Listen
Other topics include:
- [00:00:00.00]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:00:31.10]Scott Has No Off Switch
- [00:02:35.04]Thanks and Episode Overview
- [00:03:33.13]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:04:08.28]Between Takes
- [00:05:15.00]Zappos Employee Had the Longest WHAT?!?
- [00:09:51.14]The Ice Bucket Challenge Actually Accomplished Something
- [00:17:02.09]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:17:31.13]The Yelp Review in Boca
- [00:25:04.07]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:25:22.08]Audiobooks are Kind of a Big Deal… Who Knew?
- [00:29:37.09]What Should You Charge for Your Work
- [00:31:38.19]Made-Up Word of the Week: Broga
- [00:33:30.21]Listener Question of the Week: How can small tourism businesses make an impact on the big stage when all of the tourism sites are geared to big corporate players?
- And so much more…
Items Mentioned In This Episode
- A Zappos employee had the company’s longest customer-service call at 10 hours, 43 minutes
- Ice Bucket Challenge’s 2nd anniversary celebrates its gene discovery
- Roots Italian Gourmet Kitchen
- The Audiobook Consumer 2016
- What Should You Charge for Freelance Work?