In this episode of the UnPodcast, we talk about the importance of honesty in online reviews; how we took down Bell Mobile, why you should never shame your customers on social media, and the genius of selling your profitable business for $150 dollars.
Other topics include:
- [00:00:00.00]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:00:47.16]Episode Preview
- [00:01:27.16]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:01:40.26]The Bell Mobile App Scandal (And How We Caused It)
- [00:06:52.29]Erin Magnum Brockovich, P.I.
- [00:09:22.22]Bell Didn’t Need To Do Anything, And It Cost Them over $1M
- [00:10:34.06]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:10:55.26]November 13 is a BIG DAY
- [00:11:51.07]A Company Worse Than Bell
- [00:14:15.08]Public Driven Reviews (and How Not to Respond)
- [00:23:03.26]That One Bad Review
- [00:23:53.16]Emma Sponsorship Mention
- [00:24:43.21]Tunity App
- [00:27:15.09]Working For Free Is A Team-Building Exercise, Apparently
- [00:32:53.01]The $150 Business – The $599,850 Profit
- And so much more. . .
Items mentioned in this episode
- Fake App Ratings Net Bell Canada $1.25M Fine
- Georgia Company Fined $1.3 Million for Unfair Business Practices
- Reputation Refinery
- The Streisand Effect
- Tunity App
- Urban Outfitters’ Fall Strategy: Asking Employees To Work For Free
- A Toronto Restaurant Owner is Selling Her Gastropub for $150. Seriously.