Also sponsored by:
VistaPrint: Enter the code “unpodcast” at checkout.
On this episode of the UnPodcast, we discuss the inflation of statistics in corporate PR how DMCA rulings can stigmatize content creators, and why you might want to take a minute before you hit send on that tweet.
Other topics include:
- [00:00:34.05]Sharpie Tossing
- [00:01:09.14]Which Episode Is This?
- [00:01:45.22]Kids are Back in School
- [00:02:27.24]Scott’s 3 Hour College Class Approach
- [00:03:24.29]Best Practices for Content?
- [00:05:26.06]The Pixels Movie
- [00:06:15.06]Mashable Article on Pixels
- [00:08:21.13]The Real Problem with DMCA
- [00:10:41.12]The Most Famous “Takedown”
- [00:11:56.29]The Stigma of the DMCA Takedown
- [00:13:46.18]Let’s Talk Football (PR)
- [00:14:33.04]Washington Redskins Training Camp in Richmond, Virginia
- [00:16:19.18]A Deflategate Joke
- [00:19:35.01]How Statistics Are Inflated
- [00:22:13.24]Facebook’s Community Update
- [00:29:16.07]Weekly Posting Regret
- And so much more. . .
[bctt tweet=”HR101: Hire Them. Fire Them. Don’t Touch Them. http://ow.ly/RPtS8 via @UnMarketing and @UnAlison”]
[bctt tweet=”PR is an artform, not a science. http://ow.ly/RPtS8 via @UnMarketing and @UnAlison”]
Items mentioned in this episode
- Pixels Copyright Notices Took Down the Studio’s Own Trailer
- DMCA Protection
- Lazy Sunday from SNL
- LEGAL BATTLE over 4 Minutes Madonna YouTube Videos with WARNER MUSIC GROUP (WMG)! by Cory Vidal
- Redskins Report Claims That 7.8 Billion People Followed News of Team’s Training Camp
- The Picture Mark Zuckerberg Used to Show Facebook’s Monster Success
- More Than Half of Social Media Users Suffer from Posting Regret