Also sponsored by:
VistaPrint: Enter the code “unpodcast” at checkout.
On this episode of the UnPodcast, we reach into the treasure chest of our email inbox and share some colossal failures, as well as disappointing successes, in marketing and platform building, and show you why stealing content is bad.
Other topics include:
- [00:00:45.15] Let’s get started with some self-affirmations
- [00:01:18.09] Video games are not realistic
- [00:02:17.28] Smorgasboard Episode
- [00:02:53.20] How to become an UnPodcast guest
- [00:03:16.28] Krush your Kindle competition
- [00:04:59.26] What’s more unethical than multi-level marketing?
- [00:07:07.09] Pan-Am Games Hyperlinks Ludicrousness
- [00:10:11.08] Kanye threw his mic, and it was Wayne’s fault… probably.
- [00:10:59.09] You can’t trademark a hashtag
- [00:11:58.27] You have permission to share MyEmma’s website
- [00:12:15.02] How Scott lost his “in” with the Minnesota Timberwolves
- [00:14:55.02] Retaining clients is not like retaining water
- [00:16:30.26] LinkedIn-ing is SPAM
- [00:17:48.27] Never go “Full Realtor”
- [00:20:00.18] If you’re a Human Being, you are someone’s target market
- [00:23:57.20] Stealing Content
- [00:27:33.05] The “Fat Jew” Account
- [00:28:43.16] Brands need to know who they are sponsoring
- [00:30:35.17] When the unacceptable becomes acceptable becomes the norm
- And so much more. . .
[bctt tweet=”If you’re a Human Being, you are someone’s target market. http://ow.ly/Rerx3 via @UnMarketing and @UnAlison”]
[bctt tweet=”If you don’t give credit, you’re taking credit. http://ow.ly/Rerx3 via @UnMarketing and @UnAlison”]
Items mentioned in this episode
- KDP Review Exchange
- Pan Am Games 2015
- Pan Am Games Lawsuit Article
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- That DigiDay Article