On this episode of the podcast, we talked about a class act by Jack Daniels, Scott’s underwear, and a touching Star Wars story.
We also discussed how the Facebook algorithm works and why some users (most notably Tyrese Gibson) are involved in a practice known as freebooting, that involves uploading someone else’s videos, with the hopes that the posts will go viral.
Other topics include:
- [00:02:13.23] What we hope Emma doesn’t believe in
- [00:02:44.11] A Star Wars feel good story
- [00:05:21.01] What all men want
- [00:07:05.21] How company culture makes a difference
- [00:08:00.27] The topic of the day Tyrese Gibson, the freebooting poster child
- [00:09:03.07] Facebook’s goal in life
- [00:09:18.13] Facebook’s ranking algorithm
- [00:10:20.05] Three data points on Facebook videos and the differences between reach, views and plays
- [00:11:28.25] The difference between cost per impression and cost per click
- [00:12:43.12] The problem that has developed as a result of Facebook’s ranking algorithm
- [00:14:19.05] Curation vs. ripping off content
- [00:16:27.08] As if stealing content isn’t bad enough in and of itself
- [00:19:26.12] How to change people’s perception of you forever
- [00:20:22.08] What content is and is not about
- [00:22:50.05] The goal of content on Facebook
- [00:24:06.14] The most shared thing Scott has ever said
- [00:25:58.28] What made Scott angry
- [00:27:37.13] Don’t do this (it’s a cop out!)
- [00:28:28.27] Why you have to defend a trademark
- [00:29:37:08] A classy response from Jack Daniels
- And so much more. . .