Emma, Official Sponsor of the UnPodcast
On this episode of the UnPodcast, we shared how we landed our new sponsor, Emma, and why we’re excited about the sponsorship. We also discussed why email’s not dead, the social media lifecycle, and what you should do with all those business cards you collect at networking events and conferences.
Other topics include:
- [00:01:03.10] Our new sponsor, Emma
- [00:01:59.18] The inside scoop on how we formed the sponsorship
- [00:02:37.23] The angriest industry
- [00:04:03.07] Why we agreed to the sponsorship pitch from Emma (when we’ve rejected others)
- [00:04:43.15] Why sponsorships are a good thing
- [00:05:42.00] How to win some Emma swag and other cool stuff
- [00:06:22.12] How long Scott and Alison have had email (and a smooth move by Scott)
- [00:07:37.12] Email’s not dead, here’s why
- [00:08:26.23] The types of people who say that email is dead and why you shouldn’t listen to them
- [00:09:27.17] Why email IS valuable
- [00:11:48.24] The whole social media lifecycle
- [00:13:48.26] One of Scott’s most embarrassing email stories
- [00:18:43.00] An important email lesson
- [00:20:20.13] One of Scott’s biggest pet peeves with email
- [00:23:16.10] A weird way to start a conversation at networking events
- [00:24:00.08] What people should do with the business cards they collect at networking events and conferences
- [00:24:57.01] How to respect people who are on your email list
- [00:27:13.06] Your job with an email list
- [00:28:29.27] Do not reply; let me rephrase that: DO NOT REPLY
- [00:29:02.03] What a lot of email service providers are banning
- [00:30:06.25] Where to find the line between design and business savvy
- And so much more. . .
Join the Celebration!
To celebrate our sponsorship with Emma, drop by myemma.com/unpodcast for some cool content, some Emma swag, and a chance to win a signed copy of UnSelling!
If you like the UnPodcast, click here to thank Emma for sponsoring our show.
Items mentioned in this episode