On this episode of the UnPodcast, we discuss the issues associated with leveraging crises for personal gain, and how while businesses often think what they say is the brand is the brand, the reality is that their customers’ perception is the brand.
We also talked about why fixating on things like a new logo can be an ineffective waste of money if the business isn’t also spending time on the right things.
Other topics include:
- Why using two different languages can lead to insults and bad PR
- This week’s Moron Mountain climbers
- Branding is. . .
- An example of doing newsjacking right
- How controversy impacts purchasing decisions
- Why getting people talking about your business may not be the best approach
- Yahoo’s new logo
- How Blackberry blew their last shot at relevancy
- Who has the most influence on your brand
- And so much more. . .
You won’t stop customer complaints because your packaging is better. [Tweet this]